March 13, 2015

Valley of Fire

I thought I'd share some photos from my trip, as most of you have probably never been through this part of the US.  First, let me say that this was not a spiritual or sacred site tour.  It was a trip with an organization called Road Scholar for just plain ordinary people.  I do love the sacred site tours, but more often than not on those kind of trips, there is at least one person who has a sense of entitlement and likes to act up, or a tour leader who is not suitable for that type of work, as I have experienced several times on some of my previous trips.  When you are with non-spiritually oriented people and a reliable and reputable tour company, things tend to go smoother.  The only exception is when I have traveled with my dear friend Julie Wiley and her company Spirit and Adventure.  Julie is a meticulous planner, and even with a go with the flow outlook, magical events just seem to fall into place during her trips. I'll be going with her again in September to Bolivia and Peru.  Can't wait! 

Even though we spent a few days in Las Vegas at the start of this trip, I'm not going to waste my time writing about that.  Needless to say, that city and what goes on there is so not me!  I've never been, so now I can say that I have.  It's not a place that I would go to just to hang out.  In this case, it was the starting place for our tour. 

On the first day, we did a day trip to the Valley of Fire, which is north of Las Vegas and in Nevada.  It is a red rock area with a lot of hiking trails, rock art, and a very nice visitor's center.  I will let the photos give you an idea of what we experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment